New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome welcome welcome.. I can’t see any evidence of you doing anything in the picture but the grandson looks like he’s working hard ;) . Nice looking Devon you have there, do you two have any plans for it ? :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,welcome again and thanks for the piccies. :mrgreen:

Hi just bought my first early bay after selling my 70 beetle it's a Greece import single cab, few things to do like new engine before mot insure and register

Hi people, i don´t remember if already put some photos of my bus, after a small painting and rebuild parts.

Before and after

I have more stuffs to do, the interior is not ready, and i whant a hurst bumper, yellow ligths in front and a full size roof rack (try to make in my house)

nuty said:
And buy a french slammer front beam ( i have a 12-1965 bug to trade :) )

That looks almost like new, :mrgreen: that’s a great job. I’ve not seen both sets of indicators on a bus before but it looks brilliant now.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,there’s never enough pictures :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

ozziedog said:
Daniel27 said:
Hi Everyone glad to have found this forum :)

Hey Daniel, big welcome to you, tell us a bit more about your bus if you like,

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,andca piccy or two wouldn’t go amiss :mrgreen:

Hi,

Here are some pics of our bus :)

This 1968 Volkswagen Camper has been imported from the sunny state of California.

It has had all the necessary work done to be converted into a UK road legal vehicle and has recently been MOT'd.

TAX EXEMPT

Brand new full width rock n' roll bed.
New flooring and cab carpet.
Lovely roof and side panels.
Matching cab seats.
Original VW wheel trims.
New sliding door rubber.
New cab step rubbers.
New twin exhaust.
Starts and runs like a dream. Sounds amazing.
Complete professional rewire of electrics under the dash.
New gearbox.
New brakes.
New headlights.
Fresh dashboard.

Minimal exterior rust spots with no structural rust other than surface.
The sliding door has had a partial respray.
Cab floor has had some welding done to it.

Cheers

Hello Early Bay people,

I'm relatively new here and a returning VW owner after 25+years of being on hiatus. I previously owned a 67 and 72 bug in the 80's and as of 2 1/2 years ago I'm a proud owner of a 1970 bay window bus that I call Coleman. I'll post pics later, as my work Internet filter is blocking parts of this sites functionality. Just wanted to say hi!

Hello from me as well, I’m still trying to work out SGV as to where you’re at. I bet it’ll be so bloody obvious when we find out.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,and welcome back, that’s some hiatus :mrgreen:

Hi all, back in the garage again working on the Bay after several years off. Hopefully I will get it back on the road this time (69 Devon).

Lea said:
Hi all, back in the garage again working on the Bay after several years off. Hopefully I will get it back on the road this time (69 Devon).

Brilliant, you can come on here any time for some encouragement to keep it going. So where are you with it now? And do you have some sort of plan ? Or order of works? 69 Devon sounds great, maybe some pictures. Plus ,,do you have a name for this Bay? :p

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, first steps and all that ! :mrgreen:

Latest posts