Jacks

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbo

Reaction score
Hi read the new jack bag and tool roll with great interest. Was wondering what type of jack most people carry around, of course at home I have a very strong trolley jack but in the van I carry a rather heavy bottle jack, think it is from a Landrover. Would be interesting to know what we use, bottle, trolley jack, or scissor jack.

hobbo said:
Hi read the new jack bag and tool roll with great interest. Was wondering what type of jack most people carry around, of course at home I have a very strong trolley jack but in the van I carry a rather heavy bottle jack, think it is from a Landrover. Would be interesting to know what we use, bottle, trolley jack, or scissor jack.

I don’t actually carry one. I used to cart an old trolley jack around with me t, then I had the tyres filled with Kevlar and so I don’t carry a spare or a jack. I’ve now replaced those tyres and the peeps in the tyre places looked at me like an alien when I asked them to chuck the Kevlar goop into the new tyres, NO, NO, No no no no no (add your own tune) Dawn Penn was good or Beeerrrrrruno Mars uptown funkin etc, I digress :roll: . So they wouldn’t put my goop back into my new tyres. Soooooooo, now I should be carrying a spare and a jack and I’ll be watching this thread with interest. I’m thinking adjustable hydraulic bottle jack but not tooo big and a spreader piece of wood about a foot square of one inch ply X2 so one to go under if required.

Ozziedog,,,,,,, Oh and a spare in the air up on the rack I guess :mrgreen:

Latest posts