Listening tooooooo?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozziedog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just thought I’d share this, but I’m listening to Desmond Dekker on the Oooooh toooobe.
Track at the moment that’s got me dancing (badly) is Dibby Dibby Doo :lol: Took so long to type that I’ve now got Stranger Cole and Queen P :msn4:

Ozziedog,,,,,,So wot are you listenI gotta to then :shock: :?: :shock:

I'm currently enjoying The Midnight... 80s synth vibes :)

Favourite album is Endless Summer, favourite song probably Sunset...

https://themidnight.bandcamp.com/track/sunset-2

:)

:shock: Synth vibes :shock: Sounds ace.

Just come across this. ;)
https://www.facebook.com/chris.antell/posts/1969685239715611

Ozziedog,,,,the voice used to ‘get’ me ;)

George Harrison, All Things Must Pass at the mo ...

Right now I've got Inkubus Sukkubus - Mother Moon playing continually in my car. Love it! It's also got "bus" in the band name twice! :lol:

I've weirdly developed a taste for Dolly Parton, mainly the early stuff with just her and a guitar :D

Just set up a turn table and relistening to some of my vinyl collection from under the stairs. Having a 1970s Glam and Punk choice moment. Over the last two days off from work...... Bolan, Bowie, Cockney Rebel, Bebop Deluxe, Roxy Music, The Smiths and Solo Morrisey, The Pistols, The Damned, 999, and four perfect albums by Liverpool band Deaf School (way ahead of their time). Finished with a few Harry Nilsson albums. And watching Dirk Gently on Netflix which throws in some pretty oddball music in the soundtrack. Back to work tomorrow for two long days. Revitalised!

So, Friday is chillin and music day then. It’s all good. I’m checking on Nilsson later and I’m down with this country stuff with Dolly and I’m gonna have a look at this Matrix also. If it’s got bus in the name twice, what’s not to like ,, so I’ll try this too as well as George Harrison. I’ve taken a strange old twist lately in listening to some of this Russian gangsta style rap. I’ve no idea what they’re rattling on about but they do sound mighty serious while there at it.

Ozziedog ,,,,,,,Andy Williams, now that’s a voice. :mrgreen:

I’ve just got back into r.e.m after overdosing on them for years then having a break, and it’s like that old mate you ain’t seen in years and when you hear it it just takes you straight back 20 years..out of time and all the others, love it 😊

So I’m not the only one that does that then. I’ve been known to lose my favourite CDs and cassettes ever because I’ve played them to death in my car and left the same one in from when I bought it to when I got shot of it, then a couple of years later I’m thinking ‘ hhhhm now where did I put that Billy Ocean cassette ‘ then eventually the penny drops so I’ve got a few empty cases. :roll: I also get right into genres for a while, I’ve been out of town on the country stuff for a while but me and Mrs Ozziedog are right back on it with loads of Farron Young and a good dose of Willie Nelson and some of their collaborations like “Hello Walls” over the Chrimble plus Wynette and Dolly and Kenny too. I also like when I find a track I love on one genre then find it elsewhere and Reggae / Country is a great pair for that. Never been into R.E.M., no idea why or why not. I think I heard somewhere that it was R apid E ye M ovement, is that true ? And apparently 10cc was the amount of sperm ejaculated by a blue whale and I don’t know if that’s true either might just be Urban myths. Anyone know for any more ?

Ozziedog,,, , does seem that Friday night is music night in Early Bay land 8) :mrgreen: 8)

Oh yeah, I was banging away with some obscure tunes the other day and I had this really weird thought. Nothing unusual there then :lol: But this was a little weirder then normal weird thoughts. I was thinking about Johnny Halliday and that he is or was possibly the biggest recording artist in all of Europe including here and virtually nobody has heard of him in the rest of the world. He was sort of like the French version of Sir Cliff mixed in with the French version of Elvis. So I wanged on the some Johnny tunes and then I had a strange urge to listen to Edith Piaffe, I think that’s how it’s spelt. :? So I go on this quest to find the no regrets or whatever it’s called and right by it I’ve found Edith’s greatest hits :p So,,, I bang on this album and I know the title track straight off and I’m prancing about singing to it then I’m listening to more. I have not got the foggiest what she is rattling on about but it is some good tunes. Out of the fifteen or twenty songs she’s belted out, I must recognise nearly a half of them :shock: Some are from movies I’m pretty sure and some may have been covered possibly in English, not sure, but I knew loads of them.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, weirder than most methinks. :mrgreen: ;) :mrgreen:

Are you havin me on Ade? I’m onto this Matrix play99 and it’s telling me how to get rid of pimples, sores, blackheads and big pores ! The next one is about bust enlargement and the next one is how to get bright sparkly eyes! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, Ade mate, I’m not a bloody spaniel :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
I think I heard somewhere that it was R apid E ye M ovement, is that true ? And apparently 10cc was the amount of sperm ejaculated by a blue whale and I don’t know if that’s true either might just be Urban myths. Anyone know for any more ?

First one is correct. Second one was allegedly the amount of sperm ejaculated by a MAN*, but Ive since read it was an urban myth :D

*Im guessing a whale would be gallons? :lol:

Wen't to a club in Bristol last night to see a group called LORD HURON
Was at the SWX club in the middle of town.
American Indie Folk band based in LA. Was really worth the trip, if you like that sort of music.
The tickets were not too expensive either about 15 quid.

J & P
:D :D :D

gas1man said:
Wen't to a club in Bristol last night to see a group called LORD HURON
Was at the SWX club in the middle of town.
American Indie Folk band based in LA. Was really worth the trip, if you like that sort of music.
The tickets were not too expensive either about 15 quid.

J & P
:D :D :D

I preferred the support band Flyte myself. ;)

Listening to Soundcloud and and YouTube for obscure cover versions and B sides.
Discovering new old artists.

Latest posts