20 mph ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozziedog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:mrgreen: Anybody been pinched on here for doing a bit more than 20 in the new urban 20mph zones. I know of a few that have been nicked by stealth vans during the day, but does anyone know of anybody being nicked after dark? When I say I know a few peeps, I actually only personally know one of them. Anybody been had by a police car for instance? :msn4:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, on a road on me own in the dark doing 20 :roll: :shock: :roll:

Dunno Ozzie, but we have a 20mph limit opposite us as the road runs past a school.

I regularly get over taken when I am doing 20-25mph....happened yesterday....be different if it was their kids at the school!!!

That’s exactly it. It’s almost as if it’s gotta be in for five years before everyone pays attention to it.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,How’s you anyway bud :mrgreen:

who? said:
Dunno Ozzie, but we have a 20mph limit opposite us as the road runs past a school.

I regularly get over taken when I am doing 20-25mph....happened yesterday....be different if it was their kids at the school!!!

While the 20mph zones make perfect sense outside schools during term times and on narrow residential roads, there are so many roads in Bristol where the 20 zones are ridiculous - for example many of the main trunk roads in Bristol are 20 limits too. And because some of the main roads in Bristol are now 20 zones, I'm sure we now see so many more inattentive drivers doing 20 in 30 zones now too when there's no safety reason for not doing 30mph.

I know it's from the Telegraph, but recent statistics seem to suggest the 20 zones have done nothing to improve safety, too.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/17/20mph-limit-dangerous-costly-reverse-council-admits/

Speed limits are ridiculous anyway, only 4% of accidents are caused by speeding its purely there as a stealth tax and to exert control on us numpties. When I become prime minister my first order will be to remove all cameras, speed limits, remove speed bumps, all traffic lights and signage. Government including local councils are a total bunch of TWATS!! :fyou:

subheatadey said:
Speed limits are ridiculous anyway, only 4% of accidents are caused by speeding its purely there as a stealth tax and to exert control on us numpties. When I become prime minister my first order will be to remove all cameras, speed limits, remove speed bumps, all traffic lights and signage. Government including local councils are a total bunch of TWATS!! :fyou:

I just wish you wouldn’t beat about the bush so much mate an£ get straight to the point :shock: :lol: :?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, Ade for Ayotollah! Yayyyyy!!! :p :lol: :p

Latest posts