Bigger engines and increased cc’s

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobster

Reaction score
Just a quick question or those that have upped their engines in their buses.

I’m in the middle of having a bigger engine built which should be ready in a month or so.

My insurance renewal has just landed so obviously it makes sense to change this, presumably I can do this prior to updating the V5 as I don’t believe there is any cross referencing.

In terms of updating the V5 what evidence did you guys provide if, like me, you accumulated all of the parts and then had someone build it up (or built it yourself)

That’s interesting as the site states that evidence is needed if you change cylinder capacity or the V5C update will be rejected 🤔

Definitely change it with the insurance now or you will be charged a lot of administration. They won't let you change it if you tell then it isn't finished yet.
I changed to a 1776 with no proof but it's still listed as the old engine number. I'd be interested in what people do with new cases which have no engine number.

As said, if same engine just up cc size on v5. If new engine it’s cc size and engine no.
I’ve got a factory built 1600 I bought years ago with no engine no. And when I put it in my bug I upped the cc to 1584 and left engine no. Blank, it came back as same engine no. As the previous 1200 was 🙄
I’ve just left it like that as didn’t know what to do !

Latest posts