Pedal locks ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karmann70

Reaction score
I decided to get a pedal lock for my bus , maybe one of those Uber Secure ones . After a bit of research it seems with a bit of brute force you can pull the brake and clutch pedals apart enough to get the lock off . So I looked at the ones that JK are selling . They are expensive and a bit wobbly too .
So I made my own :

It`s got end plates so it can`t be twisted off . It locks with a shutter lock which locks from underneath to prevent picking , also the shackle is completely hidden . It fits tight against the steering column , and it`s made with chunky steel .
I`m very happy with it , but any improvement ideas / other security ideas are most welcome !

Can't be that expensive finished in red oxide and posted???????
If you go into business let us know.

J & P

Looks great, well done. Anything is better than nothing to slow the b stards down.

I have recently watched a you tube clip of bike theives with angle grinders. The locks can be cut through in a matter of minutes!

who? said:
Looks great, well done. Anything is better than nothing to slow the b stards down.

I have recently watched a you tube clip of bike theives with angle grinders. The locks can be cut through in a matter of minutes!
It is a real shame that the new era of cordless grinders etc is assisting criminals as much as tradespeople :(

who? said:

That`s why I made it with the shackle of the lock completely concealed , you can`t get a pair of bolt cutters near it . To be honest if someone is determined enough anything can be stolen but if I hear someone with a cordless grinder outside my house while I`m in bed I`ve got a chance !
I always remove one of the wheels on the truck too if I`m not using it for a while . If a thief wants to steal it he`s going to have to bring a Porsche wheel with him as well as a grinder ...

Fancy a customer?
Happy to be an "early adopter" and "test run" one for you.
Suggest a price.
I think putting multiple obstacles of different types in your friendly local tealeaf's way is the right thing to do ... and visible on the bus if it's outside, but not so obvious on a lockup, so there are no chunky locks that shout "Oi! Something of value in here!"

Dub and Bubber said:
Fancy a customer?
Suggest a price.
Maybe . I`m not a business at all and it takes quite a lot of time to make . If I`ve got enough steel here I could do it but it wouldn`t be worth my while if I had to buy the steel in . Also it is designed for a specific Squire shutter lock ( not a problem in itself , I can send an Ebay link ) , and although the pedal lock fits my Bay ( left hand drive ) I don`t know for sure that it would fit another ( although I can`t see the pedals in different Bays being very different ) . Also the pedal lock is heavy ! The tube you can see that makes the bottom part is a piece of scaffold , and the other parts are made of 8mm plate and various other thick steel I had . I`m not sure how much it would cost to ship !
So in summary .... I would want £50 for the pedal lock + post . Then the shutter lock ( £15ish ) . I don`t know if it is viable really .

Karmann70 said:
Dub and Bubber said:
Fancy a customer?
Suggest a price.
Maybe . I`m not a business at all and it takes quite a lot of time to make . If I`ve got enough steel here I could do it but it wouldn`t be worth my while if I had to buy the steel in . Also it is designed for a specific Squire shutter lock ( not a problem in itself , I can send an Ebay link ) , and although the pedal lock fits my Bay ( left hand drive ) I don`t know for sure that it would fit another ( although I can`t see the pedals in different Bays being very different ) . Also the pedal lock is heavy ! The tube you can see that makes the bottom part is a piece of scaffold , and the other parts are made of 8mm plate and various other thick steel I had . I`m not sure how much it would cost to ship !
So in summary .... I would want £50 for the pedal lock + post . Then the shutter lock ( £15ish ) . I don`t know if it is viable really .
Well I'd be interested to know what other folk think but that sounds ok to me when you see what other security devices can set you back ... Not wanting to twist your arm though, obviously, and don't want to drag you into a business you don't want!

Always good to have new products and solutions being developed, well done! :shadey:

Looks very robust and would likely stop a good few bastards from trying and slow the more experienced down.
Well done sir!

Latest posts