Plans for camper

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I’ll just finish my rolling resto, saying that I still go camping and change my mind just about every single time I go camping as to how it ‘might’ eventually end up :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,plus technology changes quicker than I work :lol: :roll: :lol:

Run it this year as normal, only mods this year is putting some thin alu sheet above my fridge unit as a heatshield for when using stove inside the van and upgrading the rear lap belts to 3point. Dumped the coleman dualfuel burner back for single ring bottle gas as couldn't get on with it.

Winter 2018/Next year possibly a custom built pop top if I can make a viable design.

Absolutely loads of stuff!
-Repair & fit Eberspacher (waiting for fuel pump)
-Fit some speakers and crap (Jamie was supposed to do this on Saturday but she played with the dog instead)
-Repair 240V system (waiting for voltmeter/battery indicator)
-Replace brand new but graunchy as all hell CV joint
-Fix Carburettor so I've a good vacuum advance and can maybe go up hills. Not big ones.
-Sand the mould off the rear quarters & paint 'em. Seriously, how does paint go mouldy?
-Fix rear boot hinge & sealing

Non-van priority is to start the Beetle restoration, but poor Ratty does need a bit of work. Going to be mucking about with it as and when, as long as it's on the road and safe-ish.

Hopefully nothing after sorting out some niggles over the last few years just a good service and clean.

Beetle has a bigger engine to build
Bigger type 3 rear brakes to fit
Line loc fitted needs plumbing
Bigger oil cooler and fan to fit.

Latest posts