Justkampers vs VWHeritage

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JK or VWH for parts

• JustKampers

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • VW Heritage

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters
What about VeeWee :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok sorry get on with the serous conversation.

My experiences

VeeWee cv joints lasted less than 3000 miles
C&c rubbers hard to fit rigid and ungiving
VWH a few issues with items arriving on time reminders sent etc
JK very good on postage

That said and it's only my opinion the quality seems to be the same

Cheers Nick.
Never had an issue with postage from VWH but most things I ordered from them are on the small side anyway!

thejinx said:
What about VeeWee :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok sorry get on with the serous conversation.

My experiences

VeeWee cv joints lasted less than 3000 miles
C&c rubbers hard to fit rigid and ungiving
VWH a few issues with items arriving on time reminders sent etc
JK very good on postage

That said and it's only my opinion the quality seems to be the same

Don't buy the cheap ones, get the VEWIB rubbers they sell.

Hi Andy. It seems a difficult one really. Do you.... Trust in the company that wants to sell its product or go with the voice of Members (capital M) experiences? But time lines are involved with break down or success after weeks or years regarding parts. But...it’s a consideration of how individual parts work in tandem holistically. I looked at this site a while back and realised how difficult it would be to determine quality. They must hunt for quality to the nth degree. They have a reputation. Others of similar standards too.

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/article/maintaining-magic-bus-vw%E2%80%99s-official-restoration-centre

Now, I reckon if a part goes awol......learn and move on. But it could be dangerous. Don’t want a dodgy brake part on a downward mountain to valley with a 30 plus gradient. You want to get it right first time and price should determine quality. Companies selling veedub parts seem honest in stating quality status. Do they give more than standard “German Quality “ type phrasing’s? Not sure. I trust the description but don’t understand fullly coz I’m a complete novice. Am I naive? I suppose I am. I use Paul’s advice because he has years of experience. Like he asks me about stuff regarding my nurse experience. Trust in the person that’s been there and got the t-shirt.The quality’s of individual parts are difficult when companies collect from all sources to sell. I’m not sure, but which companies sell ethically? Paul who’s renovating my bus seeks far and wide, and recommends......... Alan Schofield in many cases. It’s also considered what’s in my price range. As long as it’s a positive buy. Others here on the earlybay forum may go more elite and buy stuff way out my range. Engines costing more than my whole bus!
It’s too difficult sometimes to get it right. One piece at a time, feel it’s the best for you and trust the members’, ooops, Members’, experiences I suppose. You seem to be doing alright so far to be honest.

I've tried every firm over the years and there doesn't seem to be much difference in quality. The thing that winds me up is postage and delivery, Heritage are totally crap at this, the delivery times are rubbish unless you pay for express delivery which is expensive. The best firm for quick delivery is Machine 7, they usually have it the post same day, excellent service. Not had a problem with Just Kampers tbh, very good service.

Used both, in the past, but on my recent spending spree found coolair a bit cheaper for some some parts, and Machine7 when you can make use of a bundle.

I do like the sweets from JK though and they are fast a shipping however quality of some parts are crap, example Rear light lenses and cluster, and indictors lenses front, were cracked and misted within two years.

There's not that much in it. VWH have a larger range, so they're good for hard to get bits. JK are better for camping gear & accessories. I've always found Machine 7 to be really good on delivery & customer service, but the quality of parts at all three places varies. Generally if you can, go for good condition second hand parts, & recon/clean them up yourself.
TBH Most of the parts on your list there, I'd just go to VWH as they'll have most of them. The steering coupler down at the bottom is still available from VW dealerships, so do that as the repro ones are dangerous. Track rod boots, I use mecatech ones on my steering couplings and they're brilliant. The boots I've had from the main suppliers have all needed changing frequenty- currently my rear CV joint boots need replacing every 6 months!

Thanks guys.
Regarding the CV joint boots - fortunately the ones that were on the van were good so I just re-used them :)

Latest posts