Justkampers vs VWHeritage

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JK or VWH for parts

• JustKampers

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • VW Heritage

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters

gninnam

Reaction score
Howdy do peeps.

Quick question - to try and get the van on its wheels and ready for an MOT, I have put together a list of items required and entered these into JK and VWH sites.
Costs are pretty similar, but which would you use as I am sure the quality will vary?

Depends what bits your after, I have found them both hit and miss and now try and go elsewhere whenever possible. An example is window winders, one lasted a week, another lasted a day, pedal rubbers didn't fit, and so on.

Hmm - not what I wanted to hear.
Here is a list of what I will be going for:

Brakepipe Grommet
Brake Pipe T-Piece
Brake pipe retaining clip
Rear arm brakepipe grommet
Rear wheel cylinder
Rear brakeshoe fitting kit
Brake Adjusting Star Nut
Rear shock absorber bolt
Rear shock absorber washer
Shock Absorber Insert B & T
200mm Clutch Kit
Clutch Aligning Tool
Clutch Cable Bowden Bracket
Clutch Cable Kit
Front Bumpstop Clip
Brake Adjusting Star Screw
Horse shoe clip
Outer Torsion Arm Bearing
Grub Screw (Torsion Bar)
Grub Screw Nut (Torsion Bar)
Front Beam Mounting Kit
Front Brake Disk Backing Plate L
Front Brake Disk Backing Plate R
Steering Damper
Thermostat Push Rod
Track Rod (Adjustable)
Track Rod Boot
Track Rod Boot Clip
Rubber Steering Coupling

How about Custom & Commercial? We get 10% discount there.

To be honest, most of your list will be generic parts held by any of the normal suppliers. So you pay your money, you take your choice.....

True Simon. Just wondering if anyone has a preference - if not then will choose who I normally use for my bits (VWH) :)

Fit the best quality you can afford mate. I have wasted hundreds of pounds on cheap bits over the years which have either failed, not fitted properly or had the chrome rusting before it even got through one winter. If you can't get good genuine new or used bits then C&C German quality seem about the best out there. If it's upgrades then CSP or Gene Berg are my choice of manufacturers. What ever you do don't scrimp on steering couplings or brake parts ! If a part looks too cheap then it is probably sh1te, at best it will cost you time and money in the long run. Happy shopping !

Good advise and true about the quality of some of the shit that is peddled by even the big companies....
Will see what C&C have to offer on my list.

Personally I would give c and c a utter wide birth.
Everything I've bought of them is utter rubbish.
Customer service is lower than zero.
And I am being conservative here.
Everything I've had off them has been someone else's returns,badly re-packaged/unprotected and a terrible fit.
German quality ....don't believe it.
I've been asked to return stuff to them which they sent wrong in the first place.
At my cost..!
I've been waiting for a replacement headlamp for my bus off them for 12 months and have had Umteen promises of it being here next week,next month time and time again and as of today,it's not here.
The only one there got to try yet is next year.
Not once have they called me to Say it's here,or even why it's not here.
Useless .
Yep strong I know,but if your not happy your not happy.
Stick to VW heritage.
Or machine 7
Best there is and have been for years.

Interesting story you have there, but I know for every one sad story about a vendor, there will be 10 good ones!

Might just go with my gut then and get everything from VWH!!!!!

I personally stopped using VWH as there was always at least one part I needed in every order that was out of stock, and I don't believe they allow you to order out of stock parts in the same way that JK do (send in multiple shipments when stock is available). Also, their website is horrible to navigate compared to others mentioned in this thread.

Other than that, can't say I've had any issues with any vendor, other than the usual lack of fitment of aftermarket parts, but that isn't limited to any one vendor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Moseley.
Been fortunate with VWH when ordering as never had bits not available (yet).
Might split the order between different companies just to be on the safe side!!

I use Cool Air, Machine 7 and Custom & commercial. I find VWH are pricey, never have any stock and the customer service isn't anything to write home about if i'm honest. Only decent person there was Alex (jesus) and he left a while ago

Used Justkampers and VWH for my entire resto about 30/70%

Just kampers were always quicker and parts in stock

VWH were better for hard to get bits and more expensive stuff, their descriptions are a little less generic, making it better for finding parts if your not sure.

Saying that the stuff JK they had in stock was fine.

Custom and commercial for hard to find bits, B&B on ebay for cheap generic stuff.

Not sure if I made myself clear.
But if you buy something off someone and they never deliver the goods,and don't seem to be bothered,what can you do.?

I've had enough and I tell you I am not normally one to go slagging people off but 12 months is a joke..
Right
I bought two brand new hella headlamps off c @ c
There latest add at the time add said best chrome,best quality etc etc

I payed them my money.
They sent the parcel.
Good,right?....no,not good
When I opened the parcel,One was boxed,one wasn't.

The one what wasn't boxed had scratch marks on the chrome headlamp rim.
Also I noticed both had different build dates.

One:
I was worried the chrome may of not been as good or indeed last as long as the older one.
Two:
I wanted two new unmarked headlamps,thats what I payed for wasn't it.?

Rang them up to arrange a replacement headlamp.

Guy on phone says he didn't know why they would send it like that.

I explained my concern over the older build dates etc and he agreed with me.
Both should of been the same.

He even promised to send me two headlamps with the same newer build date.
And I could choose what ones I wanted to keep
And if I returned it,I would receive the replacement.s

I sent it back right away by special delivery,I had to chase them up to confirm they had received it.
I had checked the delivery online.

I then again rang them to see when my lamp would be here and they said they didn't have any in stock.
So I said why on earth did you ask me to return it then.

And I've nothing but lie after lie on when I would receive my new headlamp.
I even rang once and told him VW heritage and other dealers have them,couldn't they get me one from them.
Only to be told they would have them again soon.

I meani am throwing him a line here to help him.
Last time I heard I would of got it by October.

Don't trust anyone who doesn't keep to his word
And if anyone who works there is looking on here,I wouldn't recomend you to anyone,never

Sorry for your predicament.
I have never bought anything from them so can't comment.

Anyway - have ordered the things I definitely need from VWH - making sure they are in stock and good quality - should hopefully get them before the end of the week!

The rest I will order next year and hunt around.

Go to dubfreeze in February
Get there early and take a freind and make sure he's got s list of the things you need so he can scout round for you while your searching for bits.
Take car and good look with your build

one thing JK definitely have going is they are the only company to offer free postage to Highlands and islands + N.I. I find the postage can be exorbitant sometimes.

In terms of quality there is not a lot of difference between the top shops as they all use the same suppliers and now you usually have a choice of standard or german quality throughout most ranges.

Hi Andy, I've just had some bits for the Beetle from JK ordered about 5pm and received the following day with free postage, VWH wanted to charge extra £8 postage due to the size !

Latest posts