New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Campers, Gaz from Brum here, i finally took the plunge and bought this on the 16th Sept 2017, the drive home in it was quite entertaining, more flying a small old aircraft in a hurricane. Anywayz its at AbsolutelyVW at the mo having a few bit and bobs done, new exhaust, clutch, master cylinder etc, etc.
I'd love to do it myself but these days after a few decades of rolling around under cars !!......
No stranger to old bombers though as ive owned a Triumph Vitesse Mk2 convertible since 1978 which has never been off the road for any length of time. I'm looking forward to meeting fellow members and actually camping in the old girl. I will now attempt to get some pics up, don't hold your breath!.

They both look like stunners, never seen one so shiny as either of them. That bus reminds me of a bus from just outside of Bristol, is it from down this way maybe ? Loving your Vitesse ,as well.

Ozziedog,,,,,,too shiney to be true! :mrgreen:

Thanks Oz, i bought the van from Southampton, haven't seen it for three weeks, still at AbsoluteVW, not worried though, in very capable hands and i can't imagine doing much with it till the spring. See you in the new year maybe. 8)

Hi all; I'm Paul from Sheffield.

I used to have a 1972 1200 Beetle and always fancied a camper at some point.

I've just bought a 1971 Dormobile crossover and am looking forward to getting out and about in it as much as possible - as well as doing it up along the way.

redgaz54 said:
Thanks Oz, i bought the van from Southampton, haven't seen it for three weeks, still at AbsoluteVW, not worried though, in very capable hands and i can't imagine doing much with it till the spring. See you in the new year maybe. 8)

Ozziedog,,,,,,, yes indeedy bud :mrgreen:

Hi All
just bought this, our first bus. its been owned by one family since new and still has original interior. Currently trying to work out how best to configure it to make it comfortable for us without destroying any of its originality. Hoping to get at least one night away before it goes into winter storage. Feel privileged to own and use this piece of history.

Hi,
Thanks for letting me join your forum!

We don't have a bus yet (well not a VW anyway) but are thinking about getting one sometime next year. Just trying to learn as much as I can about them before we start looking in earnest.

Hi all! :D
Our 1970 Devon is currently undergoing resto...well, coming to the end after 7 long stressful years. Looking forward to getting 'Isaac Lucas' back on the road again and sharing some pics.. Will have some 'bits and bobs' up for sale soon too! Once I know what I have.

Hi Guys,

I am new here and from the center Portugal.

I has starting the processo of restauration of my earlybay (9-08-1968).

I hope that is forum can help me

e1b4359b4dc214753cbe3425ee88ef93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I'm new on here I joined little while ago .I bought myself a 69 tintop westy from USA .I'm going to slowly do up.then hope to attend few shows ect .I'm new to the early bay scene I did have few split screens few years ago .but fancied another VW but loving early bay IL get some pics up also do build thread cheers guys loving forum

Evening all, new to this camper thing despite having wanted one forever😀 Got a 1971 deluxe with a 2.0 litre Subaru engine, am very chuffed, can anyone recommend a good wax or similar to keep my rusty patina in order? Cheers.

Kittysiberia said:
Evening all, new to this camper thing despite having wanted one forever😀 Got a 1971 deluxe with a 2.0 litre Subaru engine, am very chuffed, can anyone recommend a good wax or similar to keep my rusty patina in order? Cheers.

welcome, got any pictures

Hi there Baywatcher, Noga Powell, Redgaz, Danbury1971, Nugo, HightopMafiosa, Malcolm57, and Kittysiberia, great to have some newer members on the Earlybay forum. Some very interesting user names there and we’d all love to know how they came about. Try and get loads of pics up of these crackers and if you’re still looking, get some pics up of what you’ve seen as in the best the worst and the ones you ain’t sure of, prices too if you don’t buy them and that can give-other people an idea of what they are likely to get for their money, and I bet it’s different all over the world.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, Great to have you on board :mrgreen:

Latest posts