Value

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busby67

Reaction score
Hi, I'm currently looking for an early bay and have found one that has done low miles and is all original. Original paint, interior, engine etc. In top, top condition with a Dorma conversion. RHD.

What would people say value wise for a van like that. I appreciate that it's difficult to give an accurate value, but ball park is OK.

Unrestored, original paint rhd Dormobile in top condition? Could be £25k, maybe more?

It's ticking all the right boxes but condition has a massive factor on valuation
If you could send pictures to the site or maybe email Clem ( if that's ok mate ) this will help in giving a more accurate valuation

It does sound like you have found the holy grail of Early Bays. If it is as pristine and unrestored as you say, it could exceed that sort of money. A museum / collection piece went for that and more about two years ago, from memory it was being touted in the high forties but in reality I don’t if it sold or what it reached if it did sell. Also value depends on what you are going to do with it, as in put it in a collection or use it for camping? Might be a good investment in a museum perhaps.

Ozziedog,,,,,But unrestored is the rarest of rare things. :mrgreen:

Purchase the van in question. All original interior, original fabric and carpets and curtains even if they're a little faded, and nearly all original paint. One or two areas touched up as rolling repairs. Original engine, dorma roof, one key fits all, all original glass still etched with reg. One owner for 44 years with full log of all journeys made through Europe and UK. Thank you for responses.

Very nice indeed. Out of curiosity was the vehicle advertised or did you find it via word of mouth.

The original owners sold it in 2013 when the 80 year old wife found it too difficult to get into the bed anymore! It was then owned by someone else for four years who has six! I saw it at a show and got chatting to the he owner who had a split for sale. Went to look at that but he'd had a better offer for it. He came back to me a few weeks later and said he might be interested in selling this as he had some other projects ongoing.

I'm no anorak expert and not intending to cast doubt but that doesn't look like an original dash (as in the colour) and in the 3rd pic also the bits behind the seats that are clipped on? I've never seen that on an original bus before. Clem, can you enlighten me?

Low n slow said:
I'm no anorak expert and not intending to cast doubt but that doesn't look like an original dash (as in the colour) and in the 3rd pic also the bits behind the seats that are clipped on? I've never seen that on an original bus before. Clem, can you enlighten me?

Metal body coloured painted dash for a UK/Euro spec bus is correct.

I'm not a Dormobile expert so I don't know about the rear seat trims, do any Dormy buffs know?

Busby67 said:

Purchase the van in question. All original interior, original fabric and carpets and curtains even if they're a little faded, and nearly all original paint. One or two areas touched up as rolling repairs. Original engine, dorma roof, one key fits all, all original glass still etched with reg. One owner for 44 years with full log of all journeys made through Europe and UK. Thank you for responses.

Almost too good to use!

Enjoy bud. :party0021:

I'm new to this so would be guided by someone with much more knowledge but as I understood it, the dash on the early bay models reflected the exterior paint colour rather than being all black? The clips; I'm not sure about. The interior certainly doesn't look refurbed in any way. I can only find a couple of pics of similar vans on Google and both seem to have that same fixing on the panels?

Sorry to post re a different subject but Clem, do you know what size speaker I would need to fit under the dash under the perforations, where I'm presuming an original single speaker would have gone? I'm looking at dual voice single speakers to fit in the same place so i dont have to cut any holes.

Busby67 said:
Sorry to post re a different subject but Clem, do you know what size speaker I would need to fit under the dash under the perforations, where I'm presuming an original single speaker would have gone? I'm looking at dual voice single speakers to fit in the same place so i dont have to cut any holes.

I've got 2 x 100mm speakers bolted through the holes and they're quite OK for a bit of music whilst driving. Not winning any awards for sound quality though!

Thank you for posting those pics Lee C. Nice to see them. Yes, Ron was reluctant to upset Ryan. I hope to get to a few shows next year.

Beautiful Bus - what a find
Enjoy and we are both looking forward to seeing it in the metal

Some photos of the original books that came with the camper along with a handwritten log of all the overnight stays the original owners spent during their 44 years of ownership.

Latest posts