View broken photobucket images

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67westy

Reaction score
Sooo I mentioned in another thread that I had sorted another chrome extension that updates the images in the page you are viewing, this is all images (not just your own) and works on any site you visit. This may only be temporary as photobucket could break this in the future but it works for now.

So if you want to give it a try have a look at this thread belonging to Lee C and you should see lots of familiar photobucket grey images: http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38185

Then install the plugin from the chrome store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ehoeoelfbhokhcialnddlcnapkocnael refresh the page and then they should magically appear :)

Feel free to share the extension on other forums that you use.

Adam

Once the extension is installed it should just work. You may need to refresh the page if it was already loaded before installing

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

sparkywig said:
Works on other forums as well. ;-)
Good good :) simple bit of java script so nothing site specific. Share it around if it works :D

Lee C said:
I'm thick as pig shit, can someone do it for me ???
Hi lee,

There are two options, first is to use the extension mentioned in this thread and you should see images working again, this is probably a temporary fix. Second​ is to use my other extension to permanently move your own images to a different provider. I will send you a pm in a little while with more detailed instructions of each and some screenshots :)

Adam

ive ran through the process to repair the image links but alot of the images were lost or didnt move i think we got some but not all

Johnny said:
ive ran through the process to repair the image links but alot of the images were lost or didnt move i think we got some but not all

PM'd you :)

Just run the plug in and it works a treat. All of the pics are now back on my thread. Brilliant!

Thanks 67Westy

Mark

gas1man said:
:cry: :cry: Has not worked. Only some pictures have come through.

Any ideas please.

J & P
:D :D :D
Which thread was it on? Post a link up and I'll take a look

Just realised this is the view thread :) it's possible that your browser has cached the old image. So clear your browser cache or press ctrl+F5 on the page showing the old image

Hi , It's more than likely me.
So I am able to view all photo's however not my own images.
Is this due to the fact that the plug in is "View third party images only"

Thanks for looking into this.

J & P

gas1man said:

J & P
Strange one, it should work with any images really. I'll see if I can reproduce the problem with my own images. Did you try pressing ctrl+F5 to clear the cache?

gas1man said:

J & P
If it's your own images then I would use my other extension to permanently fix them and move them away from Photobucket :)

Is there any reason why it has worked on my MacBook but not iPad am I missing something? Thanks for any help received

Are you using chrome on the iPad? I know the android version of chrome doesn't allow extensions so the iOS version may be the same

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Latest posts