Lucky with clutch

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHewsonFamily

Reaction score
We are setting off for a 3 week trip around France next week so thought it best to get our Belle looked over to reduce the chances of a breakdown (and the resulting wrath of the missus). Good job I did too!

I had noticed a little bit of an issue with the clutch and some noise when the clutch pedal was pressed but just put it down to a worn release bearing. Turns out that the clutch had broken apart and had worn down the input shaft guide almost to nothing. A few more miles and it would have made an absolute mess of the gearbox and engine. :(

Thank goodness I got it checked out. So my words of advice, if you suspect there is something wrong with your bus....
...there probably is. Get it checked out!

Sounds like a lucky find! I would recheck your tyre pressures though. 40 is high for the fronts

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

TheHewsonFamily said:
Will do, thanks. Does that apply for all tyre sizes?
Yup should do. I normally have 28 front and 36 rear. I think rears can go to 40 if fully laden

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Describing a sound... always a challenge lol. I will give it a go.

It was very noticeable that there was a sound present when the clutch was pressed opposed to when it wasn't. It was a bit like the rumbling when a wheel bearing is on the way out but with a more metallic ringing to it.

cheers for that, sounds like mine is now. Will do clutch and bearing when I pull the engine over winter.

Latest posts