Buttys Bits club discount ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kombikeith

Reaction score
Hi , anyone on here tonight who knows if there s a discount for Early Bay members. Just going to invest in the complete throttle kit

Via VWHeritage, EB members get 5% off..?
Ring them up and ask them to add the discount to your acccount.

I can see getting discount off the big traders with the warehouses full of stock and large turnovers, but Buttys Bits is a one man band developing new one off bits to make our old buses work again, but a bit better. I reckon his prices are pretty decent, so I'd say, buy from him direct, pay the price and get a nice item whilst supporting the scene at the grass roots level. :) People like Butty will plough that money straight back into the next product.

(No offence meant or intended, just my thoughts)

Well said Clem, Butty has a great product and a lot of hard work has gone into the production, this is British made and well engineered none of your Chinese rubbish
so pay the price and get some quality
Butty is also a very nice chap

There's also the issue that the 'majors' will set their prices to allow for giving discounts, the biggest example being GSF, whereas the 'small' suppliers like Butty just set theirs at a fair rate without all the smoke and mirrors of the majors.

There's regular threads on here about the poor quality of parts; if we want the quality we have to pay for it - it's cheaper in the long run anyway.

Did what you said Clem and totally agree now I ve read all about Butty and his bits ! Ordered yesterday, came today Smooth quick service, Can t wait to fit. Can t say same about EBC Brake shop, items advertised from stock Not now 2 week wait !

Sorry - wasn't very clear.
VWH stock Butty's products.
I didn't consider that he wouldn't get the same pennies for sales via them... I assume he does okay by it or he wouldn't agree to stock them.
But than again, you know what they say about assumptions!

gvee said:
Sorry - wasn't very clear.
VWH stock Butty's products.
I didn't consider that he wouldn't get the same pennies for sales via them... I assume he does okay by it or he wouldn't agree to stock them.
But than again, you know what they say about assumptions!

I guess sales via VWH 'share' the profit, but direct from Butty means he gets all the profit? I dunno ...

I guess in general people sell via outlets to save themselves the pain of dealing with customers, the admin of individual sales and increased distribution and for that a profit reduction is worthwhile?

Anyway, buy Butty's stuff. Its ace. :)

Latest posts