How do you pack your van?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a nlavw one. If you look out on eBay for it, they quite often put one on cheaper than they're website. Think I paid about £50 but had to wait a while. I also saw vw heritage do one in they're catalogue that looks identical and is cheaper. Great bit of kit and has managed to keep all our bedding dry. I like having the soft stuff up there just in case it came off!!!!

CornishSilver said:
Robcod said:
Plus one for roof bag. I put all bedding for four adults in it and makes a huge difference with the space left in the van.

What bag you have up there Rob?

:p Brill, I spotted the blue bag and I'm not talking ultra clean loos here. I think stuffing things into crevices in the poptop really only applies to Westy style roofs as most others are pretty much on their limits sizewise, but I think they shove stuff in there when the roof is mostly down maybe you'll have to experiment. Glad you're off and away, have a great time and always remember that it's about the whole thing and mostly driving in the van so just take it really steady and mostly just enjoy. You will get a routine of things and like you said last in has to be first out.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, not a dust buster ?!?!? :p :shock: ;) :shock: :p

:mrgreen: P.S. I mostly travel solo but sometimes with a gaggle of little peeps. I used to have a dust pan and brush. Took it for over two years, never ever used it for what it was for. Played rounders with it once, bit it lives on the bench in the garage now, right where it used to be.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,don't think the dustpan liked it in our van :mrgreen:

We survived despite the drab weather and are off to Ludlow for longer next week, with our new cobb in tow! Awning stayed attached to the van and we didn't kill each other even though there was a bit of cabin fever ha ha. The dustbuster came in handy for mopping up puddles too!

The site had the most blingy shower block ever with sparkly granite work tops and piped smooth fm day and night! Pity the location was pooh! Fingers crossed for a tiny amount of rain free days next week 🤞

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sounds ace and you all survived. Oh I remember the one thing that I have that most don't and that's the super duper bestest kitchen roll you can get so you use and reuse. Funnily enough, not a lot gets spilt in my van as it's one of the things you learn early on.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, it's no good crying over spilt Stella :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

c4221ebde34c902a875450a2de6ef5e3.jpg

Scotland A70 last night about 10:30pm ... all set up for a wild camp, no drama.

7dbbae2257e1655d6fe4b61298252ddd.jpg

Even the rain didn't bother too much.

d0cac9553c997a4299479724391f431f.jpg

We have 2 x boards that are storage for the chairs when in travelling. Then 1 x board is storage with roof up and 2nd becomes Doggy Penthouse support.
All the rest of the stuff went in the cab no problem, then boom ... out like a light.

4022f04801d1ed5ace394a1a06969dc4.jpg

And the best thing was, we still had a tent, 4 wheels and hadn't been murdered during the night.

ce7b48ee9e1b548169307ce56716a556.jpg

It's well worth it when you end up with a view like this [emoji106] ... pass another Stella my love [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Table flat on the parcel shelf at the rear, duvet on top, bedding in ikea bags new top, clothes ikea bags on top too and the pink basket. With a westy it's amazing how much space you have under the seat and in the wardrobe, I put a vintage suitcase(waterproofed) on the roof rack as is the awning, chairs etc. Then I use a BBQ cover over the top of that and an elasticated cargo net to hold it all down, get one of them boxes from staples that fits under the westy bed and fill it with the camping essential all the go outdoors cola-sable stuff is brilliant, gas bottle i store in the buddy seat as I've rigged up a sort of anchor in there cool bow between the seats and I'm off

One problem with the roof bags is that when they are empty they do fill up with water, following a down pour, which has to be emptied before it can be repacked. Storing a large empty box in the bag will allow rain to flow over the bag.

redgaz54 said:
I like that awning you've got there, can i ask the make etc, thanks, Gary.
Hi, it's an olpro loopo breeze awning. The awning is a good size and we've just purchased the additional inner bedroom for it which would fit a double mattress. [emoji106] But we also bought a pop up utility tent which isn't very good at all. It is twisted and no matter how many times we've tried we can't untwist it and olpro won't accept it as a return, they just keep sending us links to how to videos. [emoji52]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

lisavx said:
We're off in fanny next week for our first jaunt with the awning and the full kit and kaboodle. There's 3 of us in a pop top westy and I'm just wondering how do you pack your van? We've been looking at dry bags but they aren't deep enough to hold the awning but wondering if it'd be useful for other stuff. I thought I'd ask cos I bet there are plenty of seasoned early bayers with some good tips! [emoji106]

Cheers, Lisa

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

You know - this must be one of the most sensible questions ever written. I thought it was just my bad luck that a PO had botched the blooming thing.

Seems like a lot of us struggle to find space in the 'boot' for carrying thing - check out this noisy mess in mine taking up all the space.

Latest posts