New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Morning , I'm in Johannesburg South Africa and have recently purchased a '71 Bay camper. It's getting a bit of an overhaul on the drive-train at the moment and will post some pics soon. Andy

Hey Terry, a couple of crackers you have there, and both right hookers as well. Make yourself at home and you are more than welcome. Join in if you can as well and don't be shy about posting.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, like the whitey walls !

Hi, greetings from Venezuela, i´m Juan, sold my corolla to buy this 72 bus, is my first VW and i bough it cause my wife and me want to raise our child in a Kombi, we drove it for 5 hours to get in home cause it only had 3 gears, the 4 is damage, sorry my english, hope you understand

Johnny said:
welcome, looks like an unusual combination of earlybay and split doors. very unusual.

thanks, yes the previous owner install this doors (i think they are from a brazil panel cause the windows made in plastic), i´m looking rigth now for the rearviewmirrors, turn signals and the original side doors, but in Venezuela it´s a little hard to find parts for this earlybay models

juanchobay said:
Johnny said:
welcome, looks like an unusual combination of earlybay and split doors. very unusual.

thanks, yes the previous owner install this doors (i think they are from a brazil panel cause the windows made in plastic), i´m looking rigth now for the rearviewmirrors, turn signals and the original side doors, but in Venezuela it´s a little hard to find parts for this earlybay models

well its great to have someone from Venezuela, enjoy the site.

Hi there Andy67, let's hav a look at this 71 then. I'm guessing if you're from South Africa, then you won't have quite so many problems with the metal termites as we do over here. And hello to the Venezuela contingency as well, we really do have members all over the world. I wonder if there is a country where we don't have at least one member.

Ozziedog,,,,,,, And a huge welcome to you both. :mrgreen:

Hi guys, new to the site. Just got a 68 westy to go with my t5 and clipper cabriolet. Looking forward to getting out and about in it

Gilly 1968, big old welcome to you and your varied collection of VW s . Might see you in a field somewhere very soon and I hope this weather keeps up, as it`s just the ticket for camping (today apart) :lol: I`m also assuming that you are indeed in this country, but something is whispering to me that you may not be :? Any way, do your very best to get some pictures up so we can see this Early Bay and digest every fine detail :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, The model is 50 years old now too :mrgreen:

Hi all here i'm new here but not for the VW scene we just bought a 69 bay kombi imported from usa.
The plan is to restore it to its original color and new interior whit rockandroll bed to go on weekends and holidays.....
Hope to get and give sume info here....

Regards Wesley from Belgium

Johnny said:
Welcome wesley, spa must be close to you?

I'm sorry for the late reply seems i'm not getting any notification for posts....

Yes Spa is 1,5 our drive i'm looking forward....

Greetings Wesley

first: your first two posts have to be approved, this will block spammers. secondly: some email providers are blocked as they are used by spammers and bots to set up false account and try to register on here. Yahoo is one of the worst culpits and its email is full of spam and viruses. so i would suggest getting a gmail account (one of the safest) or something other than yahoo to recieve board notifications.

im afraid this topic is for saying hi, not for posting questions etc. i have moved your post to its own topic. please read the site rules if you are not sure of what goes where

Hi

Joined EB a while back , first post while i gather info for a future ride.

Cheers Al
Staffs

This is Vera. I've owned her since 1997 - got her when I was 26 and I'm 46 now. She's seen me on a few adventures :) She's a Devon Moonraker with original interior.

Hi Rubus, love your bus and that's the same roof as I've got, mine came from a 76 Devon. After my initial huge pop top roof that used to sit in the gutters and rotted them out, this was the only style roof that seemed to float my boat because it's Quite an elegant style. And that in the foreground, is that what is known as a Kelly's kettle ? My mate is always rattling on about them because he had one as a boy. According to him you can make tea or coffee for a hundred men in less than a minute with one of them :msn4: I know he's having me on a bit but are they worth having ? :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, OH, and welcome, welcome and welcome :mrgreen:

I like my kelly :) We had one when I was a kid, too, my Mum called it a volcano. It's good for a quick cuppa, yup. And great if all you've got to burn is off the van floor - some receipts, a sandwich wrapper and the bag the doughnuts were in :)

I don't know much about the roof as it was on when I got her, but yup it's the slightly later one with the stripes.

I've just got myself an inflatable drive away awning from decathlon. Really great. I can put it up single handed, which is fantastic. It's marketed as a day tent but fits well over a t2.

Hello All,

Just joined the forum in the hope of aquiring some knowledge regarding the 1970 Type 2 Dormobile (originally my dads and with stupid low miles) thats is now in my care.
I will be posting some questions in due course!

Cheers,

Brusher

Latest posts