Picture Request: RHD Early Brake Pedal Return Spring

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cunning plan

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Clipper / Microbus
I'm having issues installing mine.

Please could someone post a picture of one already installed, how it sits / slots in etc? However, It has to be a RHD as LHD seems to have a different spring.

:sign0009:

From August '69 the springs were indeed handed.
However, up to end of July '69 they were not. Part number is 211 721 163 C.

Thank you, I just spoke to AHScholfield who asked me to call back tomorrow as they maybe able to get exactly the right one. :party0021:

1325794.jpg

^ That looks like the one!

The RHD one that VWH sells is too wide, not in diameter of the hole, but the actual spring thickness to fit between the brake leaver arm and the chassis mount:

Screen_Shot_2017-07-17_at_10.25.47.png

Just looking at the picture you can tell the difference. :?

Heritage and all the others seem to make the same mistake in their listings - stating that the RHD one they sell is for the duration of the Bay window production. As per my earlier posting this is not the case. My information came from VW's own parts book.
I think Heritage should send you the correct one FOC.

vwed said:
Heritage and all the others seem to make the same mistake in their listings - stating that the RHD one they sell is for the duration of the Bay window production. As per my earlier posting this is not the case. My information came from VW's own parts book.
I think Heritage should send you the correct one FOC.

Good point bud!

I wonder if that is why VWH has reduced them :lol:

Thanks for the information!

Latest posts