Alternator buying advice needed

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfgang

Reaction score
Fitted a new alternator 18 months ago and it is knackered already. I got a refurbished one off eBay. What are people fitting and happy with. ? Just Kampers have some. Machine 7 do a Bosch one but it is £255. There are Lucas ones for around £160 . GFS have some for around £140.
I know the Bosch one will probably be the best but wondered what else a bit more affordable people are happy with.

What's knackered on it?

The best thing, IMO, is to get an original Bosch one, and rebuild it if needed. They're not complicated things.

Yeah. I have a wanted add out for a Bosch one . Hopefully some one has one for sale.

I will have to get it off and take into a local refurb place. Make not sure on but it was 100 quid so suspect it is not a quality make.

thejinx said:
Euro car parts crazy70. Brand new Bosch Alternator I think was £167. Lucas was cheaper
Thanks for that. Can find the Lucas one , the Bosch one is nearly £700 !!!!

thejinx said:
401550040 Try that product code. £204 before discount that is in putting for 1972 van
Thanks for that. I have found it but the one in the picture looks a different shape to what I have fitted. It looks more like a dynamo shape. Am a missing something.
http://www.eurocarparts.com/alternator

wolfgang said:
thejinx said:
401550040 Try that product code. £204 before discount that is in putting for 1972 van
Thanks for that. I have found it but the one in the picture looks a different shape to what I have fitted. It looks more like a dynamo shape. Am a missing something.
http://www.eurocarparts.com/alternator

Definitely looks like a dynamo not an alternator. Might be worth giving them a call. The go over to carparts4less, use the same part number and get it for £158.74 with the "action9" discount code. Does include a £36 surcharge though.

i
thejinx said:
Put WKD55 into GSF for 55% off. £284 down to £160. I know GSF don't have the best rep but good price

Hi mate. Followed up on this. With the discount code and money back on my old unit I got an Elstock one for £106. Great price so thanks for that. Done a bit of research on the Elstock brand and hopefully it should be fine.

Latest posts