Discreet speaker options?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharman

Reaction score
Just about ready to fit my Westy interior and looking to install any speaker wires for the rear before I fit birch headliner. There's no way I'm cutting holes in my original interior especially under rock n roll bed for speaker mounts and there lies my problem!
Any surface mounted speakers look shite and don't offer much oomph, anyone got any clever solution please? Thought of a sound bar like speaker but can't find any.

Audio exciters, I've got them fitting in my westy, they use whatever you stick them to as a speaker, some surfaces work better than others though. Not mega loud but good enough for me.

Ive got a pair of 6x9 speakers mounted under the westie bed

Fairly discreet when the cover is closed

And two more mounted up front in the kick panels

You can see one of them by where my left leg would go!

Bang & Olufson A2 speaker for me. Bluetooth from your phone etc, as loud as I need it and the quality is stunning ... no, I don't work for B&O :))

I smashed up an old ghetto blaster for the 4 inch speakers, screwed them to a bar, then mounted under the dash centrally in the air vent bit. Work well and hidden. All you can see is 2 stainless self tappers holding the bar underneath.

I couldn't find any I liked either so cut a couple of hibiscus flowers and mounted speakers behind ! Sounds great

A bose soundlink mini 2 is an excellent portable Bluetooth speaker which negates the need for any hacking and taking up valuable space. That's our solution. :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I went mono with single speaker mounted on the grill on the dash top. My radio was rubbish so though.....now use a UEboom2 Bluetooth speaker on cable ties and stream direct from phone (Amazon has refurbished for £80).

Latest posts