On the Move: Ticking off another continent

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haveacamper

Reaction score
So as many of you old-timers would know, having gone through a painstaking restoration from 2008-2012 and getting my camper on the road I managed one trip to the South of France before taking up a job opportunity in Australia.

Well that was back in April 2013. I was going with my wife for 2years as she was adament we were coming back. Well almost 4 years on we're Permanent Residence and will be applying for our Citizenship around September this year.

As we were only going for 2yrs I put the camper into storage. However, as we are now staying for a while longer, I have decided to get the camper shipped out to Australia (along with my unfitted red9design suspension and few other goodies). It should be collected tomorrow and transported down to the dock ready for loading.

The camper originally came from the USA as a project, so will be adding Australia to North America and Europe as continents my pride and joy would have once enjoyed.

It will be a bit of an arduous road to get her road legal with her engine and brakes upgrade, but nonetheless, it WILL be worth it ;)

NaFe

Good to hear you like it down there enough to stay.

I think, given the opportunity, I would have done the same. It's an amazing place. :)

Hope the importation goes smoothly for you.

Thanks Rik,

Liz and I still talk about our little evening at your old camp site. A beautiful little spot. We love it enough to stay for a little while, so we thought we may as well bring it over and enjoy it for a while. After all, if we ever move back then we'll have to get a container for all of our stuff anyways.

I've got my Import permit approval so hoping it will be relatively straight forward :s

creationblue said:
Has it been that long??

All the best

Ye I know, right?! flown by. The camper was delayed until tomorrow, but the parts have arrived at the dock ready to be loaded. Hopefully the camper will be picked up tomorrow.

Super excited its finally going to be heading out here. I'm sad that the shows and stuff aren't a scratch on the UK ones, but its definitely the place for roadtrips.

Cheers Just.

NaFe

Good luck with it, and your new, more permanent, life!

Thanks mike! Not everyone is best pleased that were staying for longer but there'll never be a way of pleasing everyone....

We'd have to get a container for our belongings should we move back to the UK so it's not impossible that it'll be back at some point.

Thanks again for all of the valuations you've done for me all these years. I dare say that I'll be resurrecting my thread once it's on the aussieveefubbers dirt hehe

It's a shame you've packed up! This second hand bum bag I spotted in the Volksworld show swap meet would have been dead handy!

Haveacamper said:
hahahahahaaha thats incredible....wish you bought it for me :)

How much were they asking?

Im not sure mate, I dont think it sold (I took the pic late Sunday). If I see it again this year, Ill do a deal :lol: :msn4:

Latest posts