Which Beam and Adjustable Springplates?!??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thru_a_lupe

Reaction score
Hey long time no speak!!

Considering getting another bus... think I've got the whole beetle thing out of my system...
Been looking at a Stock US bus...

But what I'm wondering is... for a good slam job... what beams and adjustable springplates are people favouring these days?!?

On my old '70 I had a ball joint Creative Weedeater and Slamwerks plates...

I've heard Aire Valley are pretty awesome but they only do King and Link.
Slamwerks seem to have disappeared off the face of the planet?!?

So what's that word on the street?!
Ta!

I've a T2D 4-5" narrowed link beam dropped spindles etc with adjustable rears. Most of the hardware seemed to have come transporterhaus anyway... be warned though you're gonna need to notch the front frame as the link takes you super low straight away especially with dropped spindles. The tie rods are the big issue as they almost touch the chassis on the highest setting, Matt Balls supplies some nice pre cut pieces that work well...

It rides hard and low but is very cool :D

sparkywig said:
Transporterhaus for me as well Jon. Brilliant kit.

holeydub said:

Mine doesn't ride hard, what shocks are you using?

Got the Bilstein ones T2D sell/engineered/recommend it's not really too hard but as I'm only maybe and inch from the original tub it doesn't help...

I'm planning on tubbing it with Trailer Queen ones and moving those shocks to the rear and replace them with a set of ridetech air struts :)

holeydub said:
sparkywig said:

holeydub said:

Got the Bilstein ones T2D sell/engineered/recommend it's not really too hard but as I'm only maybe and inch from the original tub it doesn't help...

I'm planning on tubbing it with Trailer Queen ones and moving those shocks to the rear and replace them with a set of ridetech air struts :)

I've been running KYB GR2s on the front for years with no issues.
Gavin's (TQR) tubs are well made and fit perfectly, but you'll need to notch the chassis to clear the track rods if you fit them.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Jon. :)

sparkywig said:
holeydub said:
sparkywig said:
I've been running KYB GR2s on the front for years with no issues.
Gavin's (TQR) tubs are well made and fit perfectly, but you'll need to notch the chassis to clear the track rods if you fit them.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Jon. :)

Already done those front and rear ;) Notching is a huge consideration if you're gonna plunge down the king & link pin route and another very large cost to have someone else to do it for you. I would say it's gotta be around the £2k route with tubs and big rear notches to loose the rake, obviously a lot cheaper if you do it yourself...

Home made adjustable 6" king & link pin beam, slamwerks dropped spindles, KYB GR2 shocks with front notches and TQR tubs. Slamwerks adjustable spring plates with a 2 spline twist and HD coil over shocks

I hope you don't mind me hijacking, but I've a got a transporterhaus beam with dropped spindles ready to go on. Do you think I'll need to use a track rod flip kit?

Cheers
Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

holeydub said:
sparkywig said:

holeydub said:

i had KYB gr2s on the front of my old bus... and KYB Gaz adjusts on the back and it drove like a dream!

Really depends how low you want to go Jon,

As I'm sure you are aware we supply the French Slammer Ball Joint Beams, dropped spindles and spring plates etc, works really well as a combination, far smoother ride than KnL but there is a limit to how low you can go unless you do a beam raise/tubs etc etc.

Drop me a line, we also have this kit fitted to both our buses so you are more than welcome to come for a test ride :mrgreen:

Latest posts