'Original' westy curtain owners

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbear

Reaction score
I'm just about to buy some close to original westy curtains from either nlavw or dolly daydream, I know that these curtains are not lined as original so I'm just wondering how effective these are at keeping the light out? Any of you westy owners got any opinions on these?

They arent a dark colour (obvs) and not particulary a dense material, but Ive never found it a problem to be honest.

We have a whole Westy Shop set up on our wbsite now :mrgreen:

https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/vw-heritage-westfalia/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

they keep your privacy in tact when the lights are on in the dark, but they don't do a good job of keeping the early morning sun out, but I find cider helps :D

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/181679067854?cmd=VIDESC&gxo=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've been looking into these lately and the above ones have a blackout lining

Mine has a mixture of both.

Originals are very good, the replicas not so good. (for blocking out light)

The replicas have also sun faded a lot quicker than the originals I have.

Hi Heebee_GB, if you got your curtains from us give us a call, we have done our best to minimise the degree to which our curtains fade. Of course if you are living in the middle of the Mohave desert it may explain it but guessing by the GB in your user name they haven't been to heavily punished lol.

NLAVW said:
Hi Heebee_GB, if you got your curtains from us give us a call, we have done our best to minimise the degree to which our curtains fade. Of course if you are living in the middle of the Mohave desert it may explain it but guessing by the GB in your user name they haven't been to heavily punished lol.

Thanks for the reply dude.
You're right, im in the not so sunny North West of England. I got my curtains from Dolly Daydream (J&S), not sure if they buy their fabric from you?

From what I gathered they are sourced from different manufacturers. Getting a sample from both suppliers would be wise as the thickness of the material is different.

Latest posts