looking for someone to finish my restro.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geordie

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am so pissed off with my mechanic I've SACK him for taking the Piss its been over 2 year of on and off the job.
I will have it back this coming week so will send details and picture of whats required.
Thats if anyone is man enough to do it.
Im a looking for some one whom can start in one months time.

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR ANYONE WHOM SAYS THE FOLLOWING
Its a job I will do when I'm quiet. :evil:
Its a fill-in job. :evil:
There more work involved then I expected. :evil:
Lots of work as come-in so I will jump on your next week. :evil:

Please no stupid comments. :evil:
if anyone can, I would like to here from them.

I can have it delivered anywhere in the country within reason.

your truly, Im so pissed off Geordie.

I'm no expert but I imagine if you can find someone who can fit you in in a month, they're probably not worth going with. An example would be Midland Paintwerks who come highly recommended on this forum have a rather long waiting list.
Not much help I know but perhaps don't jump into anything?

geordie said:
Hi everyone I am so pissed off with my mechanic I've SACK him for taking the Piss its been over 2 year of on and off the job.
I will have it back this coming week so will send details and picture of whats required.
Thats if anyone is man enough to do it.
Im a looking for some one whom can start in one months time.

your truly, Im so pissed off Geordie.

I'm always sorry to hear about this , I've been let down by a number of VW p1ss taking experts, all I can say is you're not alone and best of luck.

thanks Pickes

Good point Supertramp to be honest I really don't care if its started in one month or one decade.
that was just an account of when it could be started?
I've been to hell and back this last four months

I put my hand in a three phase surface wood planner and my wedding ring finger lost skin tissue tendon bone nail!
the surgeons wanted to remove it and I ended up arguing before the op so they managed to save it!
since then I've been off, but still managed to build a conservatory with byfold doors on it with one hand as my band hand was fused together with steel pins, look I'm not after an award, just showing anything is achievable in life!

unless your a bullshit mechanic!

Definately agree with supertramp, avoid anyone who can start straight away, can recommend Matt gill, good work 8)

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=56990" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

geordie said:
thanks Pickes

Good point Supertramp to be honest I really don't care if its started in one month or one decade.
that was just an account of when it could be started?
I've been to hell and back this last four months

I put my hand in a three phase surface wood planner and my wedding ring finger lost skin tissue tendon bone nail!
the surgeons wanted to remove it and I ended up arguing before the op so they managed to save it!
since then I've been off, but still managed to build a conservatory with byfold doors on it with one hand as my band hand was fused together with steel pins, look I'm not after an award, just showing anything is achievable in life!

unless your a bullshit mechanic!

What you have to remember is these mechanics are on 'VW time' :roll:
I know how you feel have being burnt in the past, albeit on a smaller scale than full restoration. Hang in there though, worth it at the end.

Supertramp said:
What you have to remember is these mechanics are on 'VW time' :roll:
I know how you feel have being burnt in the past, albeit on a smaller scale than full restoration. Hang in there though, worth it at the end.

And working on the old adage that if I p1ss this mug punter off another will be along to take his place very shortly. So customer service f888ing forget it.

Sounds like a real pain in the proverbial. My advise is get it back and take some piccies, lots of them. pop them up on here and perhaps where you are and let a few contenders have a look at it. Maybe divide the jobs in to sections rather than say here`s the van so fix it . Lets see if we can coax this van back on to the road for next summer :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, VW time ???? It`s still by the hour pleeeeeeease :mrgreen:

Thanks Ozziedog
I went up to the garage on Saturday and so
Fed-up I pick up the new/old front beam
lifted on to the ramp and fitted the fucker myself!
I'm going to do my best to get it home thîs
Coming week!

Paul Weeding said:
Where abouts in the country are you??
I was going to ask the same question :mrgreen:

Vital info really 8)

geordie said:
I'm in Stockport, South manchester

I was down your way last week... I'm now moving to a bigger unit just outside of Newcastle... I've got a few things on the go, but if you want to have a chat drop me a pm :cool:

I use a guy in dukinfield near ashton u lyne if thats any use to you can give you his number.
Mike

Who have you used so us North Westeners can steer clear.

Manchester Aircooled have a good reputation. Think the guys names Stef.
http://www.macvw.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for all the recommends
The bus was supposed to be picked up
Wednesday! But Garage wanted to work on it?
I think due to the fact he feels bad about
The situation! That doesn't change a think
It still need a shit load of work but at least
It can be rolled off the dead ramp!
That's another made-up garage word
Added to my big list :evil:

I can start tomorrow! ;)
Only joking, booked up 'till February. Hope you sort it out:)
Paul weeding knows his onions:)

Latest posts