Wagon west spindles

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CornishSilver

Reaction score
Hi Does anyone have these fitted with disc front brakes? CSP in particular.

http://www.wagenswest.com/partstore/index.php/bus-suspension/1968-79-spindles/1968-70-dropped-2-5-inch-drum-spindles.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Notice their reference to drum brakes, so was wondering if further mods would be required

Cheers guys

If you don't have a narrowed beam I wouldn't bother. They increase the track width which will cause you clearance issues due to the designs of the dog leg section of the arch.

Cheers Sam, I noticed it increased the width by 7mm, wasn't sure it would cause any issues or not tbh so thanks for clearing that up. I have a stock beam and keeping it that way so will look at other alternatives if I decide I need to lower. What would be the most simplistic and structurally sound way forward of achieving a 2.5'' drop on a stock beam?

*Sam* said:
If you don't have a narrowed beam I wouldn't bother. They increase the track width which will cause you clearance issues due to the designs of the dog leg section of the arch.

Not really, I ran these on a stock width beam and was lowered with no issues.

dazza1975 said:
I've got both and have no issues as have original steels
Good to here as I've original 14'' steels too although I was planning on going to 15'' steels, guess that wouldn't matter though.

[/quote]

Not really, I ran these on a stock width beam and was lowered with no issues.[/quote]
Cool, at least I know these are a genuine option 8)

I guess it must have been the offset on the wheels my friend ran on his bus that caused the issue then, sorry got the miss information and any confusion caused.

I guess it must have been the offset on the wheels my friend ran on his bus that caused the issue then, sorry for the miss information and any confusion caused.

Latest posts