Twin carb setup, engine installation

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dci_Carter

Reaction score
Hi all again.

Looking for any advice, pics or drawings of a twin carb setup with a electric faucet fuel pump, malpassi filter king and csp safety cut out solenoid.

I have all the parts its just knowing the best siting of them and pipework layout? I have a separate connection for the vac pipe uses on the the servo

Cheers Barry

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Put the pump below/underneath the tank because electric pumps require to be gravity fed as they are designed to push not pull the fuel, followed the cut off valve then Into the regular which I’d mount in the engine bay. Have a normal fuel filter between the tank out let and pump too.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but is a cut off solenoid considered standard installation? Pros and cons? I will need to do a similar install in the future so interested to hear the theory behind all the bits and see what you settle with DCI_Carter.

With my limited searching so far I was looking at this low-pressure fuel pump, as it specifically advertises not needing a pressure regulator...
https://classiccarbs.co.uk/product/...ump-weber-dellorto-twin-carbs-made-in-germany

Hi Bay Buster,

I went for the faucet option just for its size and its solid state so supposedly less to go wrong, https://www.demon-tweeks.com/facet-solid-state-electronic-fuel-pump-243224/?sku=FSESS501&istCompanyId=a2904180-3a7d-4e56-b876-cf81c9512180&istFeedId=6fbc4b04-fd28-4ce1-8513-835c8f118690&istItemId=wptpipprr&istBid=t&gclid=CjwKCAjwmrn5BRB2EiwAZgL9olmQueKHn3Wo0WF3Jb0BneQ_FKqPNoj13y26n0u77WkTIs3nhpkErBoCZ7wQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I guess the pump is personal preference. I wanted one that I could potentially adjust flow pressure with the malpassi filter king as my cylinders are 1641cc and combined with the twin carbs I thought it may need a bit more juice pushing through. And lastly the csp kit seemed the most popular . Hope that helps?

Due to the location of a bays fuel tank and depending of fuel pump they have a habit of letting the fuel syphon through and overflow the carbs when the engine is off, A cut off valve prevents thIs. I had 1 on my bus when I was running a Facet pump and twin 44 IDF’s. I’ve since upgraded to 48 IDA’s and a Holley ‘red’ pump to feed which Luckily doesn’t allow the syphoning to happen so I did away with the valve.

Thanks for sharing the knowledge guys. I've just watched some of the Holley pump/regulator videos on their website too, good nuggets of education there for a beginner like me :)

The reason I'm installing a CSP safety cut off is in case of accidents to prevent fuel continuing to pump, reading up on the holly pump it also recommends a safety cut off?

Heres the sheet showing as recommended?
5e91f7eea5436219580c6de562053f87.jpg

Heres the link to the csp data sheet

https://www.csp-shop.com/en/electric/safety-cut-out-relay-for-electric-fuel-pumps-127-025-000r-18015b.html

Dci_Carter said:
DRLA 36

I’d personally just stick with the Facet pump. A Holley rotary pump like mine is very noisy and DRLA’s don’t have the fuel demand IDA’s do. Besides you’ve got all the bits for it to work right so no point spending £160 odd on another pump. I’ve used that set up on engines with 36’s to 44’s, it will be fine.

Latest posts