Rear seat belts

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickbennett79

Reaction score
I've just bought a really nice 69 bay window and I'd like to fit rear seat belts. I have a 10 week old baby so need a 3 point belt really for the car seat (as I don't really want her in the front seat for every trip). I live in Huddersfield and I'm really struggling to find anyone that can help me out. All the local camper workshops only want to work on T4's and T5's! There are anchor points, so I'm guessing it's do-able on the side across from the units? It's a 3/4 width rock n roll bed.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know of anyone 'up North' that might be able to help?

Many thanks

Rick

Hi Rick, there's a guy on The Late Bay that sells a bracket to give the 3 point belt the proper angles to fit over the R+R bed - I've got a little one and planning on buying a pair so I can have 2 3 point belts in the rear.

There's Herbie Hospital in Leeds for fitting, or maybe the Brick Yard would do it?

c99706ba01cac33d347977accfdd01e4.jpg

b2008770bd6a208123a171e67a178b9d.jpg

Using the bracket from davidoft and a securon belt. It only just reached around the seat but it worked. Moved her up to the next seat now and it still fits :) dead easy to do, just a few bolts

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

georgeyv said:
Hi Rick, there's a guy on The Late Bay that sells a bracket to give the 3 point belt the proper angles to fit over the R+R bed - I've got a little one and planning on buying a pair so I can have 2 3 point belts in the rear.

There's Herbie Hospital in Leeds for fitting, or maybe the Brick Yard would do it?
I think the bracket only fits on one side on an early due to the fuel filler. Might be wrong though!

What ever you do don't buy them from just kampers. They are utter rubbish and a waste of money. They won't give you a refund either.

67westy said:
georgeyv said:

I think the bracket only fits on one side on an early due to the fuel filler. Might be wrong though!

Cheers never thought of that! Will have a look.

I have one of davidoft's ones too on the nearside to permit a 3-point inertia reel seatbelt, the fittings should be there already.

Is that a securon '264' belt you have there 67Westy?

Heres the late bay thread

http://thelatebay.com/index.php?threads/uber-rare-rear-3-point-inertia-seatbelt-bracket.18366/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

£85 each including recorded delivery

Dickie524 said:
I have one of davidoft's ones too on the nearside to permit a 3-point inertia reel seatbelt, the fittings should be there already.

Is that a securon '264' belt you have there 67Westy?
The belt is a securon 500/W

Cheers dude will get one ordered.

What are people's thoughts on which lap belts to use for the other seat ( mine is also a 3/4 width dormobile seat).

We have David's brackets in stock!

https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/211857693L/seat-belt-bracket-for-t2-baywindow-rear-left/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts