Number plate bulb replacement

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sacramentobay

Reaction score
Hi, How the hell do I get the number plate bulb assembly out of the engine lid? I've undone the screws, and tried to lift out the bulb holder but it won't come out. The bulb is preventing the removal. I've pushed, pulled and even swore at it and still it won't come out. There's got to be a knack tight??

Thanks for replies guys, I'll try again at the weekend. I've also noticed that the bulb is pointing towards the back of the bus (when the deck lid is shut) I.E. it is behind the coloured semi circle bit, and the wire connectors are in the plain glass bit, does that make sense? Surely the bulb should be the other way round?

I think they only fit one way as the screws for the lens are offset.

View attachment 7466
Thanks buddy. I can't quite make your out your bulb orientation.. My bulb is behind the half moon section and the base of the bulb is visible in the clear glass bit. I'm starting to think someone has assembled the assembly wrong?

Just an update, after messing around trying to get the number plate light assembly out the other day for about 30 minutes, to no avail.. I went out this afternoon, unscrewed the lens, wiggled the assembly and it came straight out!! Don't know what I did differently, but the lens is cleaned, new bulb fitted and the assembly is back in the engine lid. Happy Days!

Just an update, after messing around trying to get the number plate light assembly out the other day for about 30 minutes, to no avail.. I went out this afternoon, unscrewed the lens, wiggled the assembly and it came straight out!! Don't know what I did differently, but the lens is cleaned, new bulb fitted and the assembly is back in the engine lid. Happy Days!
Ozziedog,,,,,,,,yes,, happy days indeedy :)

Funny how that happens sometimes, you can try for days sometimes, then leave for a couple of days, go back and do it straight away.

Latest posts