Fuel hose

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pearls cafe

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a fuel hose that doesn't perish after less than two years unlike the traditional cotton overbraid stuff?

It seems that modern petrol is too harsh for this. Just used the van, thought I could smell petrol and pipe's perished where it joins one of the carbs and fuel dripping onto the J pipe below! Coincidentally, a mate had the same issue a couple of weeks ago.

Seems like you need to replace your fuel lines annually unless someone knows of something else that's up to the job??

I use this: http://www.advancedfluidsolutions.co.uk/56mm-id-732-saej30r9-nitrile-rubber-fuel-injection-hose-sae-r9-627-p.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Been on over 2 years with no problems

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I dont use the overbraded stuff because you cant see what its doing (eg perrishing).
If you go to your local parts factors they"ll sell decent unbraded stuff thats up to the job fuel wise. Also all cars are injected these days so the pipe is manufactured to handle higher fuel pressure than the old stuff, wont burst on ya :mrgreen:

Rich

P.S Change it every 2-3 years anyway for peace of mind ;) .

Thanks guys!

Think I had a lucky escape as was less than a mile from home when I noticed this, could have been much worse if I'd got further.

As above, just get it from your local factors. They'll sell it by the meter off the reel.
Make sure it's got the correct SAE / R9 markings (like the one in the link) and it will be fine.
It's the ethanol in modern fuels that causes all the problems and the cotton overbraid stuff was pretty poor even before that!

Does anyone use copper gas pipe with a little bit of rubber at each end

Latest posts