• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

for sale - 72 crossover tintop with devon interior NOW SOLD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

uber cool

Reaction score
I have had the van about 4 1/2 years in this time done about 10K miles with a few trips to Le Mans, holiday in the south of France and also in Devon, never broke down! The interior is all done by me, mainly a 72 devon interior with full rock n roll bed. the engine is highly detailed and was rebuilt prior to me buying the van. Although I have had it out to fit a new clutch and crank seal.

Spec as follows.

72 tintop crossover, was originally a danbury (still has the plate at the back)
Early bay Devon interior with full width rock n roll bed, new foam and covers, Cooker, over head locker, table and small seat behind driver. Also has a cab hammock for kids. tinted windows in rear and new curtains

Runs approx 4" lowered on cut n turn beam with coilovers and lowered 1 or 2 splines at the rear (cant remember which). Tyres done less than 8k miles. Not shown but could come with polished and detailed BRM's. Disc brakes at the front.

Engine 1600 twin port, has been detailed and rebuilt at same point prior to me buying it. Has a weber carb and twin exit exhausts. Sounds nice and pulls strong

Towbar with single point elec

Ranger Rover front fronts, very comfy :p

In the time I have owned the van I have bought/replaced the following.

new rear brake drums and shoes
new front discs and pads
new ball joints on the beam
new tyres less than8k miles
new adjustable shocks all round
range rover front seats with arm rests- very nice on long journeys
all new seat belts
new seat foam and covers
new curtains

MOT till july 09. Tax exempt

Basically I have rebuilt all the interior and overhauled most of the running gear. Only thing I haven't touched is the body which is now showing its age. See the pictures, it past its MOT in July and has probably covered less than 100 miles since. So its nothing major to do. Van alway garaged as 2nd vehicle.

Body work showing usualy UK van rust spot ie front panel under window, front arches and rear corners. All presentable and could be done as rolling resto or leave for a few more years.

Bascially you are getting a slightly modified and lowered camper in a lovely blue colour, thats T & T till July, sleeps 3 and you can go camper straight away, no work to do! Ok bodywork is not mint but I not asking silly money, priced to sell at £4750 or near offers.(Bra not included)

For sale to fund a new project. Basically I've just spent nearly double this amount on a Cal 68 import, so need some funds back :?

Van located in Lancashire, ring me on 07808 826570 Andy.

DSCN4117.jpg

DSCN4086.jpg

DSCN4079.jpg

DSCN4065.jpg

DSCN4066.jpg

DSCN4069.jpg

NorthWalesbeach004.jpg

camperengine.jpg

make me on offer near £4750 and the cooker is yours :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dont you just love ebay. The keen buyer has now changed his mind without even seeing the van, :evil: so back up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts