• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Early Bay Microbus or Camper wanted. Swap for 1500S 64 Notch

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr scoops

Reaction score
I have got a 1964 1500S Notch and I am looking for a solid Bay Window, ideally an Early.

My car was built by Paul and Bob Knight and has been subject to some extensive work in the last 2 years that I have owned it.

1776cc Engine. Stock sized balanced Crank. Reworked heads.
110 Cam with 1:1.25 rockers.
Recently fitted IDF 40's with CB short manifolds, match ported to heads.
Brand new performance Exhaust and exchangers.

NOS Hurst Indy Shifter fitted last year, EMPI VDM wheel with red centre. 6v Klaxxon horn.

5.5j with 135's and Deep 6j's out back with 185's. (Gen Fuchs).

Lowered all rounds.

New sills and heater channels, door bottoms rebuilt, new spare wheel well fabricated.

Discs fitted all round.

Uncracked dash, over riders on bumpers along with badge bar on front bumper. Jail bar fitted to rear shelf, louvred blind in back window. Bambus shelf.

It is having the crankshaft oil seal replaced in the next couple of weeks with an OG VW item as it has a leak there at the moment.

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=612965" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am looking for a swap for a Bay Window, preferably an early but would consider a late model too. Shiny or with genuine Patina I don't mind.
Not really interested in a Panel Van as I have got 2 kids who will be riding in the back.
Microbus or Campers, LHD or RHD, above all, must be solid.
I know I won't get back the full costs etc, but this Notch stands me in at over £15k so please no rotters or projects.

All questions welcomed.

So, what've you got???

Email me at 1964Notchback AT Googlemail.com or call me on 07976 058643

I will put this add up for 4 weeks, if it doesn't go I am more than happy to keep the Notch.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I've changed my mind!!!
Too many people have told me I would be a cock to get rid of my Notch, so she's gonna stay.
I have to say, it would have been tough to lose it as some of the money I have put into it was left to me when I lost my Nanna a couple of years ago.
So, I am going to keep the Notch now.
Thanks. :D

Thanks Clem

Right then, after having a chat with Mrs Scoops, we would really like to get an Early Bay, but can't afford to keep the Notch too.
I would be willing to also offer up my 100% solid and stock 71 Beetle I have squirrelled away too in the offer.

DSC02174.jpg

DSC02173.jpg

Minimal work for MOT, bit of trim to refit, bit of paint inside, comes with new bumpers, replacement rear window seals with trim.

Can't be arsed to go through the hassle of selling one or both, but want to sort a trade out with someone.

New clutch going in the Notch at the moment.
Removable towbar and electrics have been fitted to the car now, and it towed my trailer tent to Bristol Volksfest fine.
So, anyone up for a deal??

Latest posts