Can't bed down cause of noise out back of bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shea

Reaction score
Just got my engine rebuilt last week, straight after putting the engine in I did 150 miles in my bus no problem(first time I'd driven the bus for more than 10 minutes), well apart from doing 15 mpg if I go by the gauge but that's another thread.

I've been driving around Dublin since doing the first 150 mile trip and a noise has started out back, it sounds like a jack hammer in the distance, or a metal hitting metal tapping. It only happens when the the clutch is engaged. And only starts after I've been driving for a few minutes.

If I rev the engine with the clutch in it sounds fine, same thing if I go round to the engine and rev it.

I'm just after putting in new cv boots last month, when I start hearing the tapping noise and I stick my head out the window I can no longer hear it, same for passenger side. Also turning slowly in circles in a carpark in both directions I don't hear anything from the cv's.

The gearbox is a bit knackard, I can only get into first gear when I'm fully stopped and there is a lot of gunk around it. I also slightly bent one of the teeth on the clutch assembly when fitting the engine but pried it back into place.

So now that you know all the above any ideas on what the noise could be? I'm at a complete loss as to what's causing this and have to do the 150 mile trip again at the end of the week.

Thanks!
Shea.

Latest posts