Busfest.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is interesting, a trader near me has one and I was surprised how small it was. Smaller than a bay I am sure. More a splitscreen size. Do they do different wheel bases?

And I like them too!
Last I heard was that there is a longer wheelbase but we aren't getting it here in the UK, they do seem really small - I saw one in the Wolfsburg VW museum a few years back, not bothered looking at them since.

I'll be sticking to my more environmentally friendly early bay ;)

I went as a day visitor on the Saturday. It is still biased towards T5 and T6s, but less so than last year. Autojumble was disappointing. I did meet a fellow 1970 Dormobile owner, and came away with a Jupiter Jet foot pump for the sink tap. He only bought it for the original foot pedal. Sadly, the pump has a crack in it, I noticed on cleaning and testing.

Does anyone know of any spares, I'd like to fit a pump, as my van hasn't had one whilst I've owned it.

I found the team at Alan Schofield very helpful too.

Glad I had pass-out for the day, it wouldn't have been worth tickets for 4, and my searching would have bee greatly hampered!

Munster Simms in Ireland, still manufacture the classic Whale-series foot and hand operated water pumps for motor-caravans, trailer-caravans and boats. Electric pumps are also available.

https://www.whalepumps.com/rv/produ...tegory_ID=10007&FriendlyID=Manual-water-pumps
https://www.whalepumps.com/marine/p...016&FriendlyID=Manual-freshwater-galley-pumps

Last I heard was that there is a longer wheelbase but we aren't getting it here in the UK, they do seem really small - I saw one in the Wolfsburg VW museum a few years back, not bothered looking at them since.

I'll be sticking to my more environmentally friendly early bay ;)
They're much smaller than a split too, at least useful space wise, as the front seats are set way back, wasting all that cargo/living space that we have in bays due to sitting cab forward right up front. As an EV, they could have done this too as the flat battery just sits underneath and motors just sit low in the axles. I suppose crash safety is the reason for sitting so far back in all of todays vans.

Latest posts