Baby Car Seat

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baldyboy

Reaction score
Hi All,

We're planning on going camping for the first time at the end of May and need to know the best way to fix the baby's car seat in the back bearning in mind we need to have her facing back as she's only 8 months old.

The only place we can think of putting her carseat is on the rock and roll bed facing the back window, the question is can i fix a isofix bar between the seat or will it fail when the bed needs to be used? Or is the only option to fit new type 3 point belts??
Does anyone have any suggestions with regard to using old style belts which we currently have or will we need to rethink.

Any suggestions welcome.

Many thanks

Baldyboy

I used a 3 point belt, Mycha has installed a ISOFix bar on his hinges, take a look at his thread for images "you got to love a white Westy"

We are putting a 3 point belt in the back for our little one. A user on thelatebay.com sells the bracket to fit it

Is the bracket to raise the reel above the cant rail ?

http://thelatebay.com/index.php?threads/18366/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We use a 3 point system using a bracket made by a great guy at VW Restorations in Halifax.

I used an iso fix base with extending leg on my r n r bed which is held down by the belt, then the rear facing chair clicks in and out of it . This one.. http://www.maxi-cosi.co.uk/gb-en/products/car-seats/base-units/easyfix-base/features.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The leg was Just long enough for my Westy bed and with new inertia belts, strapped in proper tight it never moved at all.
Did the job well enough for us to be happy.

Thanks for your input people, think I will contact David with regards to the bracket for 3 point fixing as we have a trip planned early may, and this seems to be the easy option!!

Thanks again guys n girls ;)

Hiya

We are in the same process, I've got an isofix bracket for about £15 from ebay, and Dr V Dub (Sean) in Southsea is modding it so it fits nicely under the seat. The two holes on the left will go into the already in place seat belt mount, then then the arm on the right will bolt in the corner of the wheel arch.. It will be fitted soon so can post some more pics if anyone want to see.. :D :) 8)

Cheers, Hass.

has-dude said:
Hiya

We are in the same process, I've got an isofix bracket for about £15 from ebay, and Dr V Dub (Sean) in Southsea is modding it so it fits nicely under the seat. The two holes on the left will go into the already in place seat belt mount, then then the arm on the right will bolt in the corner of the wheel arch.. It will be fitted soon so can post some more pics if anyone want to see.. :D :) 8)

Cheers, Hass.

Hi,

Apologies to revive an old thread but guess it saves me starting a new one!!

Did you ever fit the isofix rail? I'd be really interested in some pics and I'm right in saying it doesn't affect the r n r bed pulling out??

Thanks

Matt

hi yes i did and it works really well, :D
I'll take some pics over the weekend and post them up.
No problem clearing the rock and roll bed (Rusty Lee's)
:D :D :D

Latest posts