Aluminium trolley jack

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radish

Reaction score
So has anyone got one like this?
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-ctj1250ab-1-25-tonne-aluminium-racing-j/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't need a big jack as I have a 3t jack already, are these light things easy to move about being light?

Cheers Darius

I have that same jack as a spare and it does come in very useful for supporting gearboxes / suspension components etc. It is much smaller than my 3t jack, but then similarly, it is also much less stable. The seal on the slave piston failed when it was about 5 days out of warranty, but Clarke were good enough to repair it FOC. It has been good as gold since then.

Id seriously consider this one mate, yes its Halfords, but its low profile and 2 ton

http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/garage-workshop/trolley-jacks/halfords-2-tonne-trolley-jack-low-profile" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've had one 2 year using on beetle mainly but also bus for corners etc.

£35 at the min as well.

The handle swivels 180 degrees as well so can jack up, pumping the handle from any direction

They aren't as good quality as clark, but ive found the swivel handle invaluable, plus if it breaks within a year Halfords staff don't care less and will swap out without asking

Webbaldo said:
Id seriously consider this one mate, yes its Halfords, but its low profile and 2 ton

http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/garage-workshop/trolley-jacks/halfords-2-tonne-trolley-jack-low-profile" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've had one 2 year using on beetle mainly but also bus for corners etc.

£35 at the min as well.

The handle swivels 180 degrees as well so can jack up, pumping the handle from any direction

They aren't as good quality as clark, but ive found the swivel handle invaluable, plus if it breaks within a year Halfords staff don't care less and will swap out without asking

I like the fact the handle swivels, that would be much easier to use in the garage too. I'll have to see how heavy it is as I really want to lift a jack on to a piece of ply onto the drive and my back is now made of glass from years of abuse.

I've got the Clarke jack. Bought it for my Clio track car and love it. Quick lift, smooth action, good wide lift pad, light for what it is. Certainly easier to move than my 3ton one!

Does anyone carry a trolley jack in their bus instead of the standard Bilstein one?

I was thinking of getting a small one in a case to put under the rock n roll bed when I go away to France. Need small sized one really as space and storage is always an issue as you know. I dont have a jack at the moment and am considering the different options in anticipation of 'sods law' and punctures.

I have a big jack for when I'm back home.

I think I read that someone was using a bottle jack for such occasions but they look a tad dodgy!

Any thoughts?

Julesx said:
Does anyone carry a trolley jack in their bus instead of the standard Bilstein one?

I was thinking of getting a small one in a case to put under the rock n roll bed when I go away to France. Need small sized one really as space and storage is always an issue as you know. I dont have a jack at the moment and am considering the different options in anticipation of 'sods law' and punctures.

I have a big jack for when I'm back home.

I think I read that someone was using a bottle jack for such occasions but they look a tad dodgy!

Any thoughts?
Yes I have a 2ton trolley jack. When we go to France I keep in in a trunk on the roof rack, otherwise it goes under the bed. Al;ways have to carry some 4x4 wood with it which is a pain but necessary to get the height