• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

'72 tax ex Bay - FOR SALE (or swap for Squareback)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neatbeard

Reaction score
***** NOW REDUCED IN PRICE TO £4750 *****

I have decided realistically that I need to sell my bay as my circumstances have changed and I no longer have the time to finish her. I really need a VW thats on the road and MOTd so i would be willing to swap for a nice Squareback. Here are the details:

• ‘72 Tax Exempt (was a Devon)
• Pop top removed and replaced with a very good fitting leak free, fully lined sunroof
• Re-conned (by previous owner who built Harley engines) 1600tp engine
• Lowered (cut and turned beam)

Its had several new panels fitted to it:
• front clip
• front arches x 2
• sills
• rear qtrs x 2
• battery trays x 2
• rust-free imported cab doors x 2, tailgate and engine lid
• floor patched in cab area

• Immaculate roof gutters
• New marine ply floor and proper automotive, black carpeting throughout
• New 3qtr RnR bed with recovered seat foam
• New cab door and tailgate rubbers

The not so good:

• bit scabby around one of the side windows
• interior needs finishing (I have wood and templates, cooker, sink and a brand new fridge, etc.)
• cab door rubbers need glueing in place
• rattle can paint job and home airbrushed flames
• rear brakes need rebuilding as they seized on, but they are free now (I have new rear drums, etc. to do this)
• No MOT because of the above (so currently SORN’d)

I have a couple of boxes of bits n pieces (cooker, sink, fridge, table leg, various rubbers, spare lights, etc.), EMPI ball shifter,etc. that will go with the van for the right price.

I reckon a weekend or twos work would see the van MOT ready/MOTd. I’m wanting to sell because I have seen another dub (squareback) that I would like to get, plus I don’t seem to have the time to do the brake work to re-MOT it and finish it off. It shouldn’t need any other welding as its all solid and has had all the welding done. I will try to get some more current pix of the arches/floor/inner wings/sills, etc. as soon as I have the time.

I have receipts for all the panels and parts, etc. that come to £4500 alone without the initial van purchase on top of this.

I’m after £4750.

Or I may be persuaded to swap for a nice, solid, MOTd squareback but I’m NOT willing to swap for anything else.

Cheers

Side-roofdooropen.jpg

Cab-dash.jpg

Interior-rear.jpg

Side-sunroof.jpg

Rearflamescloseup.jpg

Latest posts