• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1971 Westfalia Pop top camper for sale, great van for the £

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin

Reaction score
Today my enthusiasm died for my bus :(

i have owned this since february this year, i've worked on it in my spare time, but now i have no spare time, and another baby on the way so something has got to give, i also really badly need a new kitchen a lot more than i need my bus sat on the drive.

For sale is my 1971 Westfalia walk thru pop top camper
Pearl white
Import LHD from nevada, all duties paid, with proof
come with birth certificate from VW, and all forms to register,
Standard discs up front and drums at the back

Full westfalia camping interior, wardrobe, 3/4 rock and roll bed, buddy seat, folding table and ice box, with sink,
All the above has been re-trimmed in a tan beige vinyl,
Front seats have been re-trimmed in matching vinyl as have the door cards, with new backing boards.
Front seats have had new memory foam installed too, so no more horse hair falling out everywhere!!
Madmatz full trim, inc front cab, walk thru, kick panels, front seat sides, under seat trims, rear hatch area under bed foam.
New steering wheel
New headlight switch
New headlights
New dash top trim NOS
New dash vents NOS
New front seat belts in matching tan, with new matching lap belts for the rear
New head lining fitted in correct birch ply wood
New sun visors
Madmatz tiled floor in matching tan and ivory colour scheme.
New black out curtains in westy style fabric, all windows have curtains, all with new silent gliss runners.
original front cot include (the 2 pole one) that has been re-trimmed in ultra strong fabric.
Top hammock included.
Rear spare tyre cover, original black plastic one.
Brand new pop top canvas, (i haven't fitted this yet, but we can talk about me fitting it, if you want the van but don't want to do it your self, as i have done a few of these before)
All new roof top toggles
New rubbers for the front cab doors, sliding door, rear hatch, rear hatch window, and engine bay, all O/E or german quality parts.
UK spec ligthing
Pop top has been resprayed in white marine paint, and has new rubber seas all round.
New heavy duty roof hinges

New extra low Red 9 EZ rider coil over kit fitted, fully adjustable SPAX coilovers, with steel fail safe bump stops.
New track rod ends, new track rods.
Good steering box with no play.
New wheel bearings
New heavy duty ball joints x 4
New brake flexis front and rear
New steering damper
New rear Creative engineering adjustable rear spring plates
KYB gas adjust rear shocks
New high quality rear brake cylinders and rear brake shoes

1600cc twin port engine, no end float.
009 distributer
Alternator conversion
Bug pack rear exhaust
CB 4 into 1 header
New big bosch battery
New 15inch cosmic alloys, all with centre caps
New Bridgestone tyres all round 165-50-15 up front, 185-65-15 out back
Spare o/e heat exchangers included.

I have every last bit of paperwork and receipts for all of the above.
I have all documents needed to register this bus in the UK, i can either walk you through it, or do it for you if you are local, it is so easy, and some people can scare you off doing it yourself, but it really is simple.

Super solid van, it does have a patch in the battery tray, but its no big deal and wont fail an mot, i also have a repair panel for this. Cab floors are solid too, drivers side had gone a bit scabby but is just the paint. It starts and drives (although i'd want to give the carb a tune and adjust the timing before driving too far in it) It has a dent in the back to the N/S rear lights, its pushed the rear light cluster in a bit, but is no big deal. Its also had random other dents and dings in it, but nothing that you woundnt expect for a 41 year old bus.

it has been painted by a blind man in the past when it was in the states, but the paint job is so rubbish it comes off with your finger nail. You can see in the picture on the sliding door where i have had an experiment to see just how easy it comes off, this was done in 20 mins with a stanley blade and some wire wool, to reveal nice original pearl white paint underneath. I have 5 litres of graffiti remover included in the sale to help you get the rest off, or you can leave it how it is. With the shiny wheels, big suspension drop and the white roof it looks really cool.

To get this through an mot it really will be quite simple, you will need to adjust the rear shoes so that you get a better feel on the brake pedal, and get the brake lights to work. I was going to do the rear brake lights this morning, but the heavens opened on me for the last time, and thats the point where i decided to put it up for sale. If you do want it but don't fancy buying a van with no mot, i will take it to my mates vw resto garage, get him to adjust the brakes, give it a tune and get it ready to drive on the road. i will only do this if a deposit is paid and a good price is agreed on my bus.

There are other random bit and bobs you could do to this still, like fit the water tank and tap, fiddle with the sliding door alinement, and maybe a few other things, you could still easily "make it your own" or have that "i did that" feeling with this bus, as it needs nothing really, and you would be the first owner in the UK

I guarantee you will not need to spend anything on this van other than a bit of time, and the cost of an mot. i've fell out of love with it and have zero time to do any more on it. You could by a "landed" bus for what i want for mine from many of the usual good quality import places, but you can see from the above that i have done all the hard work to make this van a nice place to camp in with your family etc, plus it has all of the cool bits many people want when buying a van, but then never end up getting due to cost etc. This is all already done.

If you do want it i'll sell up for £7995 as is, come for a cup of tea at my house and i'll walk you through everything about this van so your totally comfortable with your new purchase. I think this price is pretty reasonable, just add up all the parts that are new above, plus the re-trim, wheels and tyres etc. not to mention the time i have put into it.

There will be plenty that escapes my mind about this bus as i write this, but please ask me anything you need to know.

I will add pictures to this thread that detail everything that i have talked about above when its a nice day and not raining, but for now here is a pic from a while ago when we had a day where it wasn't raining!! its after the roof was painted but before i put all the pop top roof rubbers on, i have also spotted that it has the old truck mirrors on it, i have now taken them off and it has original chrome mirrors......... also i do have the rear bumper too but have taken this off in this pic for some reason. sorry that the pic isn't that great, its more of a teaser, as the last thing i wanted to do was put a great long advert up with no pictures at all!!

van is located in newport pagnell, any inspection welcome. pm me on here and i'll give you my number if you want to talk.

Cheers

Austin

photo.jpg

Here are some pics that i took this morning with my iPhone.

And yes i do have the rear bumper!!

Also i am willing to do a deal without the wheels to make it a bit cheaper, also while i think of it, if any of you who are interested have an iPhone we could do a FaceTime call if you wanted to, and you could have a tour round the van and look at anything you wanted to prior to traveling to mine in person. and for those of you who dont have an iPhone, lets Skype! PM me for my number.

461C64E9-965D-40FA-B471-DEFFA3D4562D-23545-00001D2D61780CD9.jpg

5C7D0202-669C-424B-BE6A-5402FEDBC10B-23545-00001D2D567380F6.jpg

2C3ECC06-FA93-4049-BD57-027920D704E6-23545-00001D2D6C951584.jpg

EF11204B-488E-41E1-A773-003DA110219D-23545-00001D2D76A86741.jpg

B855D10C-0562-43DE-AF1C-1CF46EA953C0-23545-00001D2DB445DA7B.jpg

3DA7F365-1435-48E0-89B6-19937C1E77EA-23545-00001D2DAA93E386.jpg

B0D6EBD2-2B1C-49C4-9B5E-1E81C6C0D1C3-23545-00001D2D933CE97A.jpg

870E8541-F566-46CE-8A99-FA2DD34C046E-23545-00001D2D9C644026.jpg

E83F0C8D-7755-4A95-9215-F8A12EDC3D3D-23545-00001D2DBDB25780.jpg

2B483D13-4359-4591-B7FC-669AA07DC6DF-23545-00001D2DE926282B.jpg

27EAA674-57C6-48BD-A951-11B4C5360890-23545-00001D2DE0BAACA7.jpg

D1AE893D-7D9D-47E9-B7E7-D2938E09230B-23545-00001D2DF2A4C93A.jpg

I'm in most of the weekend if anyone wants to take a look. Any inspection welcome.

You will not be disappointed with this bus.

Hi Austin,

im looking for a project for me and my son to do over the winter, im in Lancashire so a fair bit away, do you have a phone number I can talk to you about the van on My email is my wifes, [email protected]

Thanks Frank

Free alpine iPod stereo ( a good one not a plop one from halfords) for anyone who buys from here!!

for some reason my PM's aren't sending! and i have sent my number to a few people today that have asked for it! so until my pm's start working again my number is.......

zero seven 7 three 8 five 4 three 7 four 4

wrote it like that to stop any automatic marketing calls and texts from rogue companies scanning the net for peoples phone number!!

cheers

as above guys, also my phone number is up now too, give me a call, or drop me a text anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts